Monday, December 21, 2009

Dream A Little Dream


I've always been one to have some really strange, off the wall dreams which typically inspire me to write a short story or two. Lately, though, my dreams have been more violent and stressful than ever. So stressful, in fact, that I have been waking up super stiff and sore in my neck, shoulders, and chest. I think it's because I'm so tense during the dream, and I must sleep that way too.

Dreams lately for me have consisted of a few things:

Sex
Violence
Violent Sex
Situations in which I am not in control IE alien / zombie / bacterial invasions
Personal encounters with the unknown IE the universe, certain people

My dreams have been so quick and spastic with absolutely no rhyme or reason to them - I mean, typically dreams are quite chaotic - but usually there is some sort of beginning, middle, and end allowing me to remember them, and sometimes document them. But not lately. Lately it's just flashes in my memory upon wakening and the physical reminders that let me know I just encountered 5 or 6 hours of high stress in a period of time that I should be in relaxation and rejuvenation.

I know that this comes from carrying a lot on my shoulders in terms of stress. Hopefully that will start to fade as time progresses as I've been trying to face and deal with some of the root of my stress rather than ignoring it and hoping it would go away. But it doesn't.

Perhaps the new year will bring me some positive vibes and the courage I need to work through this and move forward. But, that's all just silly superstition.

No comments:

Post a Comment