Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Angie Brown is Upset

Recently I deleted a dozen or so people from Facebook in an effort to clean up the friends list; those who didn't make the cut included people from my "old life" that I choose not to associate with in real life, so why on the internet? I also impulsively deleted some people b/c their posts are so ignorant that I just didn't want to look at them anymore. I suppose I could just "hide" the person's posts, but really what's the point, may as well just delete them rather than keeping them on the list just to pacify their need to have a billion Facebook friends.

One of the people I deleted was a girl named Angie Brown that I haven't talked to in close to ten years. She sent me an add request last week and I accepted it only to be instantly annoyed by her "u" and "r" and "2morow" method of typing. So, I deleted her. Who cares, right? It's only Facebook, right? Well, according to Angie the internet is serious business (or as some say srs bznss). I get the following message at 1:44am in my Facebook inbox:(my comments in bold)

The purpose of adding me was??

Hahaha okay well that's cool!(clearly it's not) I take it that status update about idiots that day pertained to me also?!? (good guess, but don't flatter yourself) So the point of approval in the first place was? (Habit) It's all good!(again, I don't think it is) Seriously don't even bother with a response.(why not?) The time deleting it without reading it will be a waste.(oh like the time you wasted seeing which friend it was that deleted you when you noticed a drop in your friend count, or the time that it took to write this love note after not talking to me in ten years? Don't worry, honey - I won't reply, even though I know you're DYING for me to do so)

So this really gave me a good laugh when I woke up at 4am today. It's gonna be a great day, I can FEEL it!

No comments:

Post a Comment